Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today's Lesson - What's Your Idol?


The Bible tells us that Micah made idols and hired a priest to run his personal religion. When the men of Dan took his idols and priest, nothing remained. 

What an empty spiritual condition! 

I always thought that an idol was some form of man-made statue serving as a god. But, my Bible studies have taught me that an idol is anything that takes God's place in a person's life. 

As I pondered this new definition and looked around, I came to realize that some people invest all their energy in the pursuit of money, success, possessions, or a career. If these idols are taken away, only an empty shell is left. 

The bottom line: The only way we can protect ourselves against such loss is to invest our life in the One, True Living God, whom we can never lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment